- My family–they know who they are.
- A chance to get to know one of my colleagues a little better as we met to talk over her research project. I don’t know if I helped much, but a good meeting all the same.
- Bishop Alexis Bilindabagabo, who spoke at Campbell and at my church last week about the ministry of reconciliation and peace-building.
- Faithful friends, especially C, whom I’ve known since grad school days, and who is an inspiration and encouragement in many ways.
- A good book—am currently finishing Dorothy Dunnett’s King Hereafter, which I skimmed & dipped into here and there to prepare a conference paper. Now I can really enjoy it—again.
- My two cats, who think they own me, but amuse me anyway. They wanted to be #1 on the list, but I have to maintain some order.
- New shearling slippers from L.L. Bean—I am now ready for winter. Bring it on!
- Actually getting my SC4 proposal in before the original deadline, so now I don’t have to worry about it until Spring. Hmm–was that gratitude, or gloating? I’d better quit while I’m ahead.
- Nov. 8—birthday of Dorothy Day